The Santa Parade, held on Saturday 8 December, raised a fantastics £500 for Astra funds.
Special thanks to:
- Bow Brickhill Parish Council – for use of the Pavilion and provision of Santa’s small gift to each child
- Wyevale Garden Centre Woburn Sands (Oliver Hayes Manager and Tom ) for the generous loan of a `forest’ of natural Christmas Trees, a magical full size animated reindeer and a donation of Christmas trees which raised in excess of £100
- Little Stars Nursery and their team without whom it would have been impossible to present the event.
- Elspeth Clark Pre-School and their team for their support and creativity
- Duncan Summerfield, Matt Braddish, Mike Duff, Iain Sterry and the team for the preparation and towing of Santa’s Sleigh and traffic management of the Parade
- CMG for provision of their illuminated breakdown truck
- Little Stars Nursery for the illuminated mini –buses which provided transport to the Pavilion
- The grotto build team; Megan & Jo Gadsby, Peter Willis, Nick Wagstaff, Stuart Leeming, Andy Malleson, Andy Wright, Gerald Crosby (Cleaning), Sally Pepper, Mary Preen (reindeer keepers)
- Refreshments; Sally Pepper Sally Hawtin, Kay Leeming, and the team of servers, providers of wonderful cakes and refreshments
- Those who helped clear away
- Photographer Andy Walker
- Finance and administration Andrea Spurdle, Nick Wagstaff
- Door to door collection Nick Wagstaff, Trish Wilby and Kay Leeming
- Raffle Trish Wilby with special thanks to all those who gave prizes
- Colette Morris for use of the yard and general support
- Angela Fiddimore for the loan of her Reindeer (Willow)
- Alan Ferguson who despite being on holiday maintained publicity coverage
- Sue Malleson for social media coverage
- Ann Sidgwick and Chris French Bow Brickhill Newsletter
- Mary Christmas for all her support behind the scenes
Very Special thanks go to:
- Santa’s Helpers: Samuel Horne, Rory, Maeve Gallacher, Dan, Ellie, Jess Archer (Theo and Rosie Summerfield) – very special thanks from Santa himself!
- Finally the residents friends and families in and around the village of Bow Brickhill who support our work and our many social and fund raising events.
Pictures from the event are on the Astra Facebook page.